Welcome to the Moonlite Sno-Skimmers web page. We are one of the states oldest continuously running clubs dating back to 1973. We maintain over 30 miles of trails in Cumberland and North Yarmouth with the help of our members and volunteers providing local snowmobile riders a safe trail system. Please see our "About" page for information on membership. Find us on FaceBook at: https://www.facebook.com/MoonliteSnoSkimmers/
12-4-2019 Meeting Notes
12/4 meeting at Toddy Brook, 18 members...
- Round table introductions
- MSA tix need to be collected and sent to Augusta.
- ~$1,500 profit from ticket sales
- $986 Cumb fair. $351 MSA show
- Memberships, MikeE absent, Bill picked up 3 more memberships from the mailbox.
- KevinG lookin for “new” groomer sled with drag?
- Discussed keeping vs selling an older sled - may be better to keep for parts? RalphM fixes our sleds when needed. Shifting gears causes issues.
- 12/15 deadline for MSA article-MikeR
- More signs needed over by JBros, Rt100 & Range Rd.
- Treasury report: $19039,
- Insurance docs have come in. V& V liability is in place. $278 for clubhouse & contents.
- Misc lumber, signage, hardware exp ~$100
- Website maint & ideas, open for volunteer to pick up. Pics, officers, etc. Most/all info on Facebook now, is that meeting the club’s need? “Likes”, newsfeeds, groups...? SteveS to contact MikeE for website id-password.
- BillB brought MSA forms & stickers. Possible trail keosk by JBros, powerlines, etc. with mileages, “you are here”...
- Cumberland-Chebeague Island donation $100, approved.
- Multi-use trails, cross country skiers, snow shoeers, dog walkers, are all encouraged to join the club to pitch in either trail work, financially or both.
- Trail work: Oceanview trail will connect us thru to ValHalla this year- but the trail hours are 7am-to-7pm.
- New Stump dump trail still in process.
- ShawnM reviewed local trail system, bridges, needs, etc
- ***** Trail Work Discussion/Decisions on the 4 bridges between Blanchard Rd and Rt100/JBros *****
- North of BlanchardRd, first bridge needs large effort, 4 bridges in all needing work. May need to rent excavator and or combine efforts with Gray, Falm, RoyalR clubs.
- 1st bridge, metal frame appears intact, may need redecking?
- Bridge 2 & 3 behind the fairgrounds, needs straightening and posts. Bridge needs to hold 1,000# horse. May need mat bridge to get down to do the work for bridge.
- Piscataqua River goes thru there, maybe a foot and a half deep. Will telephone poles hold for 30’-40’ wide?
- Steve reaching out for Anderson's to allow Karl to use excavator instead of renting.
- Terry has business contact for equipment & operator, possibly donation of time & rental Equipment rental and or operator.
- Bruce discussed new bridge he & Ken just worked on with 3 poles 35’ long.
- ShaunB will cut trail straight shot to Piscataqua from Rt100.
- Is equipmnt avail? Need operator? Rental?
- Members to meet for bridge work: Bridge 1, 2, & 3
- 12,000lb excavatr needs delivery
- Equip delivered to Rt100 Piscataqua bridge.
- Hancock lumber for decking, 2” rough cut.
- Big work, setting poles first then use equipment for next bridge, etc.
- CMP land and we have permission for trail work.
- $3,500 spendcap - the 4 bridges.
- Glenview rd bridge
- RalphM to trailer a mat bridge over to landowners house.
- BillB will price out decking and materials needed from Hancock.
- Poles will be “dug-in” on each side of river.
- Meet at Rt100- JBros powerline 9am Sunday.
- 10 volunteers for bridge work.
- Multiple crews... bridge#1 landowners have been approached and gave permission.
- We need plywood “backers” maybe 10” x 10”
- New NoYarmVariety trail to powerline and across Rt9 has been approved.
- “Parking” sign by Veterinarians lot has been removed, we need to find out if owner wants it moved or...?
- Scott from Toddybrook club asked about signs for around golf course.
- Meeting adjourned.
11-20-2019 Meeting Notes
⁃ 15 members in attendance at Toddy Brook.
⁃ Minutes read and approved.
⁃ $19,274 treasury.
⁃ $1,091.80 V & V Insurance expense.
⁃ Misc mailing, signage costs, Rachel’s apps, $131.
⁃ Donations to be going out very soon $250 ea Cumb & NoYarm by Terry.
⁃ Membership, 7 paid memberships, family & business membership, 4 more just came in tonight, +++
⁃ $100 Sheebo business membership & donation.
⁃ $50 Jim’s business & donation.
⁃ Bill to collect tickets and take to Augusta. 12/4 is last chance to get tix to him. Bill has table reserved.
⁃ Trail signing grooming 9:00am this Sunday 11/24 at clubhouse.
⁃ Bill has a bill to submit.
⁃ Club will split up to put in signs and work on bridge.
⁃ Shaun Breton, reported that we are past the time to work on the bridge/trail between Rt100-Blanchard - too wet at this time. Trail plan not finalized... culvert may be an option? Berm? Still under discussion, may drive poles down in, then bridge over top.
⁃ May need to make application with CMP to get approval for the Piscataqua bridge. Possible MSA grant for trail/bridge. Shaun needs contact points to get grant/application info.
⁃ Ken shared trail reroute thru NoYarm Variety. Royal River club will do signing.
⁃ KevinG to take orders for club gear, embroidered hats, shirts, etc.
⁃ Bruce reported trail work & signs up.
⁃ ShaunB & MikeE to print large maps and laminate to be put on trail signs for riders to view.
⁃ Mark talked about Crystal lane access to powerline. Steve would talk to landowners with Mark/ShawnM to connect for permission. Saturday p.m.
⁃ MikeR brought up the Tuttle Rd , Oceanview trail. Brush dump is being put in on the gated trail. SteveR will talk to Bill Shane about moving/rerouting the trail off the brush dump road.
⁃ New bridge across Rt 9, Bill $161. Bruce supplied telephone poles, BruceC, BillB, & KenT completed.
⁃ BillB, “you are here signs” would be nice!
⁃ ShawnM mentioned Dan Sheehan director availability, trail master is still an “open” position - very important!!!
⁃ MikeE, “thank you for sympathy card”. Membership, ask others to join in, help out, and grow the club!
⁃ Steve, Christmas party should be great - 3 clubs together, Royal River-Falmouth-Cumb/NoYarm. Trail work reminder!
⁃ Very busy in the bar and noise-level can be a challenge.
⁃ $45 + 1 for agent to register sled, hasn’t chged in a few years.
⁃ Meeting adjourned.
11-6-2019 Meeting Notes
This meeting was held at Rachel's at Val Halla. Next Meeting is 11-20 at Toddy Brook Cafe at 7:00pm.
. 13 members in attendance
. 2 new members from Castle Rd
Adam Dougherty, Shaun Breton.
. Introductions around for all members
. Stuffed membership mailers to send out for renewal - 21 member envelop prepared for mailing.
. Treasury report, $20,250 deposit ticket sales, etc. MSA dues to be sent in.
. Website reg $14.99. 25.27. 20.00 facebook boost, etc.
. Insurance renewal will be coming in.(~$1,400)
. Bill Brazier is holding all the tix and sales to take up to Augusta.
. Members to sell more tix.
. Bruce has Kano field sign ready to plant.
. Oceanview trail has been cut, town & developer has made great progress, 7am - 7pm only, bridges are in!
. Gray Snowwolves volunteer to help put new bridges on trail north of and between Blanchard rd and Rt100. 11/24 Sunday work day and signage work.
. Bruce gave poles to NoYarm club for bridge behind Toddy Brook.
. CHOP trail, we will go right up the road, snow fence will be put up by first house.
. Shaun Breton will take on the coordination of the pole line bridge that would connect is to Gray and Windham. Possible grant money next season.
. Christmas party, 12/14 at Toddy Brook, details tbd...
. Kevin on the hunt for “new” groomer sled, $6-7k. Could also sell oldest blue sled?
. Motion made & approved for 2 - $250 donations, one to Cumberland & one to North Yarmouth food pantrys.
. trail discussion about reopening Laurel Lane & Sophie Lane to power line.
. SteveRichard brought up potential club trail ride 1/10-1/12 stay at his place in Rumford. Google doc to be sent out for conferencing...
. 12/17 MSA Super Raffle, club group going
. Next meeting 3rd Wednesday 11/20 at Toddy Brook.
Please renew your membership either via mail or by attending a meeting. The membership application can be found here.
Our stable has grown
Mike E. has retrieved our new grooming sled and through some advanced Jenga and a couple of impolite words Mike R. , Mike E. and Steve were able to get all fours sleds packed into the club house. The new sled seems very solid and is ready to go except for registration and insurance.
Page 1 of 2