Moonlite Sno-Skimmers is one of Maine's oldest continuously running snowmobile clubs dating back to 1973. We maintain over 30 miles of snowmobile trails in Cumberland and North Yarmouth with the help of our members and volunteers providing local snowmobile riders a safe trail system. New members are always welcome. Find us on FaceBook at: https://www.facebook.com/MoonliteSnoSkimmers/
2-19-2020 Meeting Notes
Location: Toddy Brook
Members in attendance: 14
- 3 pole bridge work this Saturday
- Need some blocking between the poles to keep them straight
- 9:00am start
- Excavator at 10:00am
- Need to level it out
- Need to shim/block the center pole and build ramps
- Sled material 6”x6”, 2”x6”, etc. needs to get down to the bridge
- May need impact driver for putting in lag screws
- Chainsaw, prybar, etc...
- BillB got material from Board Barn, for 6”x6” and railroad ties
- Joe says we should redo the “wear strips” on the new bridges to have 45 degree or more, so that drag doesn’t catch
- KenT mentioned waterhole at bottom of Blueberry Hill
- Need some sign “backers” 12”x12”
- May need another pipe drag or “panner”?
- KevinG will forward weblink for “drag guy” in Chelsea, he builds various sizes...
- Club officers/directors, Mark Bradeen for Dan Shehan.
- Trail master needs name - ShaunB has stepped up - Thank you!
- New trail(?) reopen older one to cross Rt9, ShawnM applied to CMP for Powerline from Harris Rd to Rt 9
- ShaunB messaged Falm club about new 3-pole bridge opening. Lets have a grand opening cookout! Date TBD
- New memberships 1 business, Rachel’s, 1 family ~40 members total
- Current bal - $9,346
- Some exp for tools at Harbor freight and materials at Board Barn
- Outstanding check for poles, Bruce in contact
- No Yarm Variety needs some gas reimbursements
- MikeE mentioned that meeting attendance is commendable
- Buy some reflective stickers for sleds & drags!
- 500 Snowmo reflective stickers approved ~$400 ordered from KevinG
- $250 approved for metal trail signs, “These trails maintained by Moonlite Sno-Skimmers”
- Bruce mentioned some nice heavy pallets, but they can hang up a drag - they need to be better buried by snow/mud/etc.
- Meeting adjourned
2-5-2020 Meeting Notes
Location: Rachel’s @ Val Halla
Members in attendance: 14
- Treasury report, $10,093
- New check received $1,390 town of Cumberland for sled registrations, Thank you! and $100 donation from New England Mountain Bike Assoc. Thank you!
- Royal River Conservation Trust, thank you letter
- Some Memberships rcvd.
- Hancock lumber bills
- $1407 paid
- $478 paid
- $199 outstanding
- New groomer sled registration in process.
- Some tools may be missing from trail work and some found...
- 25 family
- 7 business
- Discussed honorary memberships or not? Mutual Business relationships?
- Bridge trail work discussed
- Karl, Shaun... Drag onto shore wrap chain, pick up and drag up stream back into place
- Anchor in-place with chains and 600lb blocks-anchors allows it to float up & down
- Different ideas about posts, float, cable
- 6x6 posts and cabling?
- More lumber may be needed for ramps
- 5’ ramps 3’ high?
- Bill will get ramp material
- Tyler will pickup anchor/blocks.... changed direction!
- Bridge Work Wknd after next 15th
- Allow to rise & fall but not float away!
- Drive posts down deep (4’-8’) and tie cabling. 6”x6” posts
- February 15th is scheduled work day for big bridge reset
- Bridges should be named for trail reference/identification?
- Gear orders to KevinG tonight
- Thank you gift to Karl, club gear!
- Great efforts by all on reopening the powerline with bridges!
- “Beaver bridge“ work was significant, all workers ended up in brook!
- 69” wide finish drag that Bruce will be pulling behind his ATV.
- Blue groomer at Tyler’s needs to be picked
- Poles available $300, vote approved
- Woody's bill - $406 for studs,
- We approved $500 for studs on blue sled.
- Storm coming, hopefully trails reopening!
- Sledders are not approved to take gas pipeline to Rt. 100!
1-22-2020 Meeting Notes
Location: Toddy Brook Golf Course
Members in Attendance: 18
- SteveR -Let’s ride together, local trails & connecting towns
- BruceC - Our trails are great shape, bridges are great too
- BillB - Says Rt. 9 to clubhouse is good
- JoeA - Trail signs are there for bridge that isn’t...
- KenT - Wants to talk to Karl about the excavator capabilities, Ken has a bridge plan, 45’ poles...???
- Beaver bridge behind fairgrounds is there but needs posts and lift up, leveling for this year and maybe move it next year
- 6”x 6” posts, wagon jacks
- Some sledders are running the pipeline to Range Rd, not approved
- BillB - Material is there to support 1st bridge
- Beaver bridge
- Rt100 bridge
- Temp pallet 10’-12’ pallets needed for bridge ok’ed by owner to Tubby’s pond - Josh getting pallets from Alan and will install on Friday with his crew
- Tree in middle of trail from Glenview to club bridge, need permission to use chainsaw on owners land
- SteveR, MarkB - Trying get ok for trail to powerline from MarkB
- ShawnM - Trail thru Oceanview asked to go on side of white fence, but not approved yet. Town garage expanding, BillShane said town will move the clubhouse over to Valhalla this summer, powered.
- Oceanview trail is 7am-7pm
- Trail to NY Variety ends there, you gotta go back up hill to powerline and come down further up to get to Toddy Brook
- Potential trail thru to Forest Lake, Copp family gave permission
Beaver bridge behind fairgrounds is there but needs posts and lift up, leveling for this year and maybe move it next year
6”x 6” posts, wagon jacks
Shaun lead on this and we are meeting at Fairground 9am this Saturday to fix bridge
Need long lag bolts and driver, MikeE.
Pleasant Valley Rd. needs Stop & Stop Ahead, Josh will get signs from club house and place signs on trail this Friday with his crew....
Terry to ask Karl to volunteer, Steve to ask Robert to rent equip
Val Halla not plowing anymore
Oceanview is bldg new road for new development
MikeE - Has longer pallet and more pallets at Rt 100 powerline
Club website has been revamped by Mark & Steve, check it out!
New club director may be needed
BillB - Waterhole off Blueberry hill may need pallets.
Range Rd. trail has been signed, some sledders went “off-trail”
Turkey Lane trail may be blocked by snowplow
SteveR, BruceB, KevinG - May have telephone poles available, may get some from town
BruceC - Has access to 100? poles, various sizes. DanS has some poles available
KevinG - Has order forms for club embroiderd gear, jackets, fleece, etc.
Awesome job by groomers, trails in great shape!
New groomer sled all “ serviced” and great to go--Woody's bill paid!
“Newer” blue sled needs to get picked!
New sled needs to be registered as a groomer.
25 families, 7 business memberships
Treasury report, $10,749.22
Next meeting - Rachel’s 2/5
Alan has pallets at Royal River Boatyard, come and get ‘em!
Our stable has grown
Mike E. has retrieved our new grooming sled and through some advanced Jenga and a couple of impolite words Mike R. , Mike E. and Steve were able to get all fours sleds packed into the club house. The new sled seems very solid and is ready to go except for registration and insurance.
Page 1 of 2